10th Assembly: Constitution Review Committee 2023 calls for inputs
The House of Representatives of the 10th Assembly constituted a Committee on Constitution Review with the mandate to:
1. Recommend the alteration of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 and all other Acts that are to be altered in accordance with sections 8 and 9 of the Constitution;
2. Receive and consider any proposals (bills) for alteration of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) which may be made or referred to it by the House, with a view to ensuring that alterations to the Constitution are passed by the National Assembly and assented to by the President;
3. Create a forum for relevant stakeholders and members of the public to make their inputs to the Constitution review process with a view to enacting laws that improve the well-being and aspirations of the Nigerian people;
Log in to primsol.lawpavilion.com and enjoy the best E-journals, textbooks, and many more
To subscribe to Primsol, go to store.lawpavilion.com.
4. Build a robust collaborative relationship with the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and with the 36 States Houses of Assembly whose resolutions are part of the Legislative journey of the Bills;
5. Liaise with relevant government agencies, civil society organisations, multi-lateral and supernational agencies and bodies to achieve a wholesome amendment to the Nigerian constitution.
The said Committee on Constitution Review, by a letter dated 9 November 2023, has called for inputs to the review process, with respect to identifying key areas/issues for consideration.
Consequently, members of the Bar who have contributions or proposals to make are invited to forward the same to the Committee, as the Committee is set to commence proceedings in a few weeks.
All such inputs should be addressed to the Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Constitution Review, National Assembly Complex, Three Arms Zone, PMB 141, Garki, Abuja.
Thank you, and wishing you a restful weekend.
Akorede Habeeb Lawal
National Publicity Secretary