Appointment of Additional Judge for NICN – NBA Calls for Expression of Interest
By a letter dated 10/2/2023 and received on 16/2/2023, the Honourable President of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria has requested the President of the Nigerian Bar Association to recommend suitably qualified persons of IMO STATE origin, to be considered for appointment to the bench of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria.
Members of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) from Imo State, who are suitably qualified and are interested in serving on the National Industrial Court of Nigeria bench, are enjoined to submit Expression of Interest to the National Secretariat of the NBA on or before 8 March 2023. All correspondences should be addressed to:
Nigerian Bar Association
c/o Ayodeji Oni, Esq.
Head, Legal Services Department Nigerian Bar Association
Plot 1101 Cadastral Zone A00
Central Business District
The expressions of interest should include the following attached thereto:
Log in to primsol.lawpavilion.com and enjoy the best E-journals, textbooks, and many more
To subscribe to Primsol, go to store.lawpavilion.com.
For further enquiries/assistance, send an email to email@example.com or call 08050298729
1. A copy of the Applicant’s Curriculum Vitae
2. A copy of the Applicant’s Call to Bar Certificate
3. Evidence of payment of Bar Practicing Fees (BPF) as and when due, for the past 10 years
4. Evidence of payment of NBA Branch Dues as and when due, for the past 10 years
5. Evidence of attendance at Conferences of the NBA
6. Evidence of membership of Sections or Fora of the NBA
7. Certified true copies of at least 5 Judgments in contested cases conducted and/or delivered by the Applicant within the 5 years preceding the application.
8. A letter of good standing from the Chairman of the applicant’s Branch confirming that he or she possess the qualities set out in Rule 4(4)(1)(a), (b) and (d) of the National judicial Council Guidelines for the Appointment of Judicial Officers for Superior Courts of Record as reproduced hereunder:
“In all cases:
a) Good character and reputation, diligence and hard work, honesty, integrity and sound knowledge of law and consistent adherence to professional ethics;
As may be applicable:
b) Active successful practice at the Bar, including satisfactory presentation of cases in Court as a Legal Practitioner either in private practice or as a Legal Officer in any Public Service;
d) Credible record of teaching law, legal research in a reputable University and publication of legal works…”
Please note that candidates to be recommended are those who have considerable knowledge and experience in the law and practice of industrial relations and employment conditions in Nigeria, which knowledge and practice must be verifiable.
Upon receipt of the expressions of interest, the National Secretariat shall publish the names of the interested candidates and request comments thereon from members of the NBA. The candidates will thereafter be invited for a screening interview.
For further enquiries/clarifications, please call Ayodeji on the following phone number: 0803 345 2825.
Akorede Habeeb Lawal
National Publicity Secretary