Justices of Court of Appeal: How Names of Christian Judges from the North were replaced with Muslim Judges – SMBLF Reveals, Demands reversal
The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum (SMBLF) has faulted the non-inclusion of a Northern Christian in the latest list of nominated candidates for appointment of Court of Justices of the Court of Appeal, describing it as appalling.
In a statement on Monday, the forum noted that the list was said to have been allegedly compromised by politicians at the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC).
This was also said to been consequent upon the rejection of the merit list submitted to the Commission by the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Monica Dongban-Mensem.
It is part of the constitutional responsibilities of the PCA to scrutinize candidates and present a list of competent and qualified candidates to FJSC for consideration and onward transmission to the National Judicial Council for appointment.
The forum said: “It is quite surprising that of the 20 candidates on preferred list, all the candidates picked from the North excluded Christians and with three khadis on board for a court that needs experts in various areas of law, including customary law.”
Click HERE to Register
It noted that the list of the PCA was said to have reflected all such needs but whimsically overturned at the FJSC under the guise of Federal Character.
“But for the nepotism that is celebrated in Nigeria today, what is the basis of not having a Christian on such list from the entire northern Nigeria.
“We cannot accept that a multi-ethnic and religious country is being treated this way.
Our demand is simple. The FJSC list should be trashed by the National Judicial Council (NJC) immediately for the original list prepared by the President of the Court of Appeal to avoid lawsuit on this matter,” the forum said.
See Shortlisted names below:
SHORTLISTED JUDGES FOR INTERVIEW BY NATIONAL JUDICIAL COUNCIL
- HON KADI MOHAMMED DANJUMA (Niger State Sharia Court of Appeal)
- HON JUSTICE MUHAMMAD IBRAHIM SIRAJO (Plateau State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE ABDUL-AZEEZ WAZIRI ( Federal High Court, from Adamawa State)
- HON JUSTICE YUSUF ALHAJI BASHIR
- HON JUSTICE USMAN A. MUSALE ( FCT High Court, from Yobe State)
- HON JUSTICE IBRAHIM WAKILI JAURO (Yobe State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE ABBA BELLO MOHAMMED ( FCT High Court, from Kano State)
- HON KADI MOHAMED LAWAL OMAR (Katsina State Sharia Court of Appeal)
- HON JUSTICE BATURE ISAH GAFAI (Katsina State)
- HON JUSTICE DANLAMI ZAMA SENCHI ( FCT High Court, from Kebbi State)
- HON KADI BELLO LADAN RAHA (Kebbi State Sharia Court of Appeal)
- HON JUSTICE MOHAMMED LAWAL ABUBAKAR (Sokoto State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE MUSLIM SULE HASSAN ( Federal High Court, from Zamfara State)
- HON JU NETH IKECHUKWU AMADI ( National Industrial Court, from Imo State)
- HON JUSTICE PETER OYINKENIMIEMI AFFEN ( FCT High Court, from Bayelsa State)
- HON JUSTICE JUSTICE SYBIL NWAKA-GBAGI ( Lagos High Court, from Delta State)
- HON JUSTICE OLASUMBO GOODLUCK ( FCT High Court, from Lagos State)
- HON JUSTICE ADEBUKUNOLA A.I BANJOKO ( FCT High Court, from Ogun State)
- HON JUSTICE OLABODE A. ADEGBEHINGBE (Ondo State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE BOLA SAMUEL ADEMOLA (Ondo State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE ASMA’U MUSA MAINOMA (Nasarawa State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE ARUMA IGYEM ASHOM (Plateau State)
- HON JUSTICE FADIMA MURTALA-AMINU ((Federal High Court, from Adamawa State High Court)
- HON JUSTICE MUAWIYAH BABA IDRIS (FCT High Court, from Taraba State)
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to email@example.com
CLICK HERE DOWNLOAD TO APP
The price of the book is fifteen thousand Naira (N 15,000) only.
Call any of the numbers below to place your order 08104426598 ,08052508679, 08106743227; or visit, Theemploymentlawhandbook.com. for more information.
To view About the book Author, Foreword and Table of Content, click Below [https://godigital.ng/about_book.pdf] To Place order and Cost, click here [https://godigital.ng/place_order.aspx Any further question or clarification call 08163162202 or send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Available at Frank Agbedo & Co. Crown Chambers. 5th floor, left wing, Nipost Building, Lagos Island, Lagos State. Tel: 08033254471, 09077950432 Email: email@example.com
Price: ₦20,000 or £25 per copy [Hard Back– 20 chaps/715 pages] Contact Information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com WhatsApp only: 0803-703-5989 Voice Call – Mobile: 0817-630-8030,+234-805-2128-456, +234-909-
TO ORDER/BUY THE BOOK CLICK BELOW https://flutterwave.com/store/juristpublicationseries - Alternative Mode of Payment: Pay to: Jurist Publication Series, GTBANK 0218803029-- Upon payment, call or text.
Price: ₦20,000 or £25 per copy [Hard Back– 21 chaps/700 pages]: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com WhatsApp only: 0803-703-5989 : Voice Call – Mobile: 0817-630-8030, 0909-965-1401; 0705-767-0347; 0912-173-4691 : Landline: 09-2913581; 09-2913499>