JUSUN suspends Strike: Full Text of the Communique Issued at the End of the Emergency NEC Meeting
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE EMERGENCY NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING OF THE JUDICIARY STAFF UNION OF NIGERIA HELD OH THE 9th DAY OF JUNE, 2021 AT THE CONFERENCE HALL OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH WORKERS UNION OF NIGERIA HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA
The NEC in session after exhaustive deliberation resolves as follows:
1. NEC-in-session commends the Chief Justice of the Federation and all heads of Courts for their patience and understanding throughout the period of the industrial action.
2. NEC-in-session commends the effort of the NJC in making sure that the Governors obey the MOA, Judgment and agreement on the Financial Autonomy of the Judiciary
3. NEC-in-session commends the NWC/ NEC and all JUSUN members for all their sacrifice, understanding and patience.
4. NEC-in-session condemns the actions of the Governors of Kaduna, Plateau and Benue States for withholding salaries of Judiciary in their various States for months and urge all Governors involved to do the needful.
5. NEC-in-session agreed that there shall be introduction of peculiar allowance throughout the State and Federal Courts.
6. NEC-in-session discussed extensively and after putting so many issues into consideration i.e. the intervention of NJC and other stakeholders, the NEC has resolved that the strike is hereby suspended.
7. NEC-in-session plead with the NJC, the Presidential Implementation Committee, Attorney General of the Federation, Accountant General of the Federation and all stakeholders to see that the issue of Judiciary Financial Autonomy is laid to rest finally as provided for in Section 81(3), 121(3), and 162(9), of 1999 Constitution as amended.
8 NEC-in-session frowns at the deduction of salary of JUSUN members of Bayelsa State and request that the deducted sum be restored forthwith.
9 NEC- in- session unanimously reiterate that no member of JUSUN should be victimized on strike action.
Issued this 9m day of June 2021 at Abuja.
Call Bridget Edokwe Esq on 08060798767 or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
07044444999 or 08181999888. Visit our website: www.alexandernigeria.com/