Update On Visit to Our Indefatigable Client – Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu – At The Headquarters of DSS, Abuja -By Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Esq
Today’s routine visit to our indefatigable Client – Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu was eminently led by our erudite Lead Counsel – Prof Mike Ozekhome SAN, CON, OFR, Ph.D, who could not make it during last Thursday’s routine visit because he was a bit under the weather.
Onyendu, who was visibly shocked to the marrow by the news of the offending, and apparent misleading/false publications making round the social media and print media, to the effect that his dogged, outstanding and formidable legal team, ably led by the legal iroko of our time Prof. Ozekhome, SAN, had been disbanded.
Onyendu consequently directed me to immediately inform the members of the general public as follows;
1. That at no time did he ever contemplate, nor did it ever cross his imagination to reshuffle his legal team. Neither did he ever discuss with anybody, nor any member of his legal team or relatives, that he wanted to reshuffle or disband his legal team.
Log in to primsol.lawpavilion.com and enjoy the best E-journals, textbooks, and many more
To subscribe to Primsol, go to store.lawpavilion.com.
For further enquiries/assistance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08050298729
2. That the narrative desperately being pushed by the 5th columnists, was aimed at defaming, disparaging, embarrassing, provoking and frustrating his erudite Lead Counsel – Prof. Ozekhome, SAN, into abandoning him, on the purported premise that the offending publications were hatched by Onyendu.
3. Onyendu reiterated his unshaken and absolute confidence in his legal team ably led by Prof. Mike Ozekhome, SAN, and further stated that he deeply appreciates the untiring and unmatchable efforts of Prof. Ozekhome SAN, towards securing his unconditional release from the dungeon of the DSS, having been discharged, and his further detention prohibited by the Court of Appeal since the 13th day of October, 2022.
4. That he is constantly in touch with Prof. Ozekhome, SAN, on every routine visit, on the update in his cases, which updates he usually received through my humble self, or the legal iroko himself.
5. That the members of the public should accordingly, ignore, jettison, and disregard the misleading narrative as the handiwork of agent provocateurs.
Furthermore, Onyendu requested that we should carefully address another defamatory publication, purportedly authored by one faceless, characterless, demonic, evil and pseudo DSS agent provocateur, named Adeyemi Adegoke Olumide on 11th March, 2023, which was published by TheCable, which purports to be a media outfit.
To this end, and for the benefit of the teeming unsuspecting members of the public, we respectfully wish to clarify as follows:
1) That Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s deteriorating health condition, with particular reference to the rapid depletion in his potassium level is not within the realm of speculation in the social media platforms. It is a fact copiously verified on oath, and which formed the integral component of court processes, which are pending before the Supreme Court and Federal High Court respectively.
2) That the DSS agent provocateur who operates by the fictitious name Adeyemi Adegoke Olumide, should confirm from his principal why the DSS failed to carry out the recommendation of their in-house medical doctor, Dr. Nasir Folarin, who booked Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for surgery on his left ear in November 2022.
3) That the sponsored agent in the person of Adeyemi Adegoke Olumide should explain to the world, why the DSS has refused to allow Mazi Nnamdi Kanu access to his medical doctor who is to undertake an independent medical examination of his health status, in gross violation of court orders.
4) The brown envelope shameless media practitioner should also confirm from his paymasters, why the DSS also failed to avail Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s legal team of the full medical record of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, in their custody.
5) That my humble self, has been the Lead Counsel to IPOB and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu since 2015, on all matters affecting them in court and have been diligent in all my legal undertakings for them, during which period of legal exploits we recorded over five hundred (500) victories for IPOB in general and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
6) That upon the criminal and tortious abduction and extra-ordinary rendition of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya, the first demand Mazi Nnamdi Kanu made during the first visit to him by our lawyers was to invite Prof. Mike Ozekhome SAN, who is a renowned and globally respected human rights activist, to lead his legal team in this case. Though the erudite Prof. was timely notified of this request, it took him additional six-months to make up his mind as to whether he will accept the brief or not, before he eventually visited Mazi Nnamdi Kanu on the 22nd day of December, 2021, to discuss the brief, pursuant to which he accepted the brief on terms clearly spelt out in a written communication. The 5th columnists brown envelope media practitioners are obviously oblivious of this fact.
7) That it is on record that we have issued several press statements, which were published by various media houses, both on behalf of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and in my personal capacity as IPOB’s Lead Counsel, totally condemning the heinous activities of criminals who are operating unchecked in the South-East and who have no affiliation whatsoever with Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB or the Biafran struggle. These statements obviously, pitched my humble self against the chief promoter of this violent group that consequently, resulted in several court actions initiated against him, now pending before the courts. By so doing, we have dutifully discharged our duties as lawyers not only to the IPOB, but a duty equally owed the society. These publications under reference could be traced on all my social media platforms, which the agent provocateur feigned ignorance of, in his desperate bid to defame me.
8) That TheCable media outfit, is by this publication given the next 24 hours to retract the offending defamatory publication of the 11th day of March, 2023.
However, in the unlikely event that they fail to comply with this demand, we shall not hesitate to explore all legal means to seek appropriate redress in a court of law.
Onyendu, directed all UmuChineke to be very circumspect of these latest antics by the DSS, who are relentlessly pushing false narratives through pseudo accounts/persons, to the public, to blackmail him and distract his formidable legal team.
Onyendu thanked you all, millions of his followers, who have remained dogged and unrelenting, standing shoulder to shoulder with him in solidarity, and more importantly, through your various supplications to God Almighty, he is still breathing today, and hopeful for a better future. He encouraged you all to continue to remain law abiding as you have tenaciously maintained over time, and be assured that it shall surely end in praises.
Thank you all, Ezigbo UmuChineke, and remain blessed.
Sir Ifeanyi Ejiofor, Esq. (KSC)
IPOB’s Lead Counsel
13th March, 2023.